BANG! Webinar « Libraries: Unlocking Non-Visitor Potential » CALL FOR PAPERS
BANG! network group emerged to address challenges in book exhibitions, offering a collaborative platform to explore accessible, engaging, and inclusive methods. It provides interactive encounters with books for diverse audiences and establishes a trans‐disciplinary network. BANG! furnishes a creative, supportive environment for sharing experiences, exchanging ideas, and advancing the synergy between books and audiences.
In recent years, books have taken on prominent roles in exhibitions, even becoming centerpieces. Yet, their diverse content, form, and hidden revelations present intriguing opportunities for those showcasing them. Engaging audiences in interpretive settings demands innovative approaches.
As we enter a new three‐year work cycle within our network, it’s vital to present fresh challenges and delve into subjects that demand creative thinking and captivating narratives.
On December 11th, this year’s webinar will explore the theme of engaging with diverse library visitors, including those not typically part of the library’s target audience. We will delve into the strategies libraries use to attract these individuals and overcome participation obstacles. It’s a question that has gained increasing attention: how can we effectively bridge this gap?
Our discussion will delve into the importance of exhibitions in this context, exploring how they can serve as a powerful tool for reaching out to new audiences. Moreover, we will investigate the potential of themes and partnerships to broaden a library’s visitor base, making it more inclusive and accessible to a wider array of individuals.
Join us for what promises to be an insightful and forward‐thinking discussion on breaking through barriers and fostering a library environment that is truly open and welcoming to everyone.
The webinar will take place between 11am and 1pm CET.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Do you have experiences with this topic in the sector, good practices or good ideas that you would like to share? If so, please let us know. We welcome all research into the various aspects of non‐ visitor engagement related to book exhibitions / museums. We encourage multidisciplinary approaches and a diversity of perspectives, including papers from educators, museum staff, … or anyone with experiences or ideas about the topic.
Potential topics (but not limited to):
- Community Engagement Strategies
- The Role of Exhibitions in Engagement
- Effective Collaborative Partnerships
- Overcoming Barriers to Participation
- Promoting Inclusivity in Library Services
- Communications could be individual or collective (2 people max.)
- They should have 10 min length. You can be coached by our moderator who will help and guide you.
- The language of the webinar is English. To submit a proposal, please send to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org a single PDF document with the following info:
- Name(s) of participant(s) and affiliation(s)
- Title of the paper
- Abstract (between 1000 and 2000 signs, spaces included)
- Short bibliography
- Short bio of the participant(s)
Proposals submission deadline: 24.11.2023
Notification of acceptance: 01.12.2023
To learn more: https://www.cenl.org/bang-webinar-libraries-unlocking-non-visitor-potential-call-for-papers/